Who We AreVisionwriters is a mentoring program. We have a long-term vision or worldview; one that is committed to a long-term Gospel. Vision either determines victory, or its absence produces despair. God’s word imparts vision. Writing the vision helps us sort things out, for thoughts are untangled at the point of a pen. But writing isn’t enough if it falls short of application. We help people apply the truth, because truth without application is just information. When truth is applied it is powerful.
Our vision was birthed by Jaque (Banas) Shank in the early 1980’s and employs enough structure to help us renew our minds, but not enough to deter us from having our hearts awakened by the love of Jesus Christ. The vision came in answer to Jaque’s cry for the voice and vision of Christ in her own life. As Jaque’s realization of God’s love for her grew, Visionwriters International began to take form. Over the years, this ministry has supported Christians as they eliminate the ache of a seemingly silent God from their lives and helped to stretch them into the realization of their own ministry of love to others.
Initially, Jaque wrote studies to guide herself through God’s word, and they worked so well that others began to ask her to share what she was learning. So she executed a plan to serve those drawn to follow her as she followed Christ. After twenty-five years of implementing now and perfecting later, Visionwriters has been successful in helping Christians deepen their faith. Today Visionwriters utilizes several study courses that awaken the realization of God’s love through discipline, accountability, relationship and community, or what we refer to as D.A.R.C.
We realize that the world will reap rewards from our faithfulness, because our vision affects not only our potential but the potential of future generations. As we facilitate people returning to God for truth that truly sets them free, we apprehend our goal, one soul at a time. There are no V.I.P.s at Visionwriters, only trailblazers and mavericks, because our vision is not for bigger ministry but for spreading the love and passion of Christ-one soul at a time.
The following statement introduces our program and subsequently explains why, what, and how we incorporate the D.A.R.C. at Visionwriters International:
I hear, I forget.
I see, I remember.
I write, I understand.
I obey, and I become.
What We Believe
- We believe in one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – equally possessing the attributes of Deity and characteristics of personality.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God, the living Word become flesh through His miraculous conception and virgin birth. He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
- We believe in the atoning death of Jesus Christ who lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of all men through His death on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust Him. We believe in His bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and personal return to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- We believe the salvation of man is wholly a work of God’s grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works, goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who have faith in Christ and thereby justifies them in His sight.
- We believe the Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ, to convict and draw sinners to Christ, to impart and apply new life to believers, to continually indwell believers from the moment they are born from above, to teach and admonish them, and to seal them until the day of redemption. The power of the Holy Spirit is appropriated by faith.
- We believe God wants His people to assemble together on a regular basis to worship, participate in ordinances, openly lead accountable, prayerful and honorable lives, edify one another through Scripture, and to mutually encourage one another.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God, inerrant in its original intent, and to be accepted as a believer’s guide in matters pertaining to faith, conduct and doctrine.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ commanded us to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple people of every nation, the fulfillment of which requires all worldly and personal ambition to be subordinated to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.”
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. At physical death the believer continues eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing. At physical death the unbeliever continues eternal, conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is to eliminate from the world the ache of a silent God.
Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.